MSU Car Club

Gathering point for car enthusiasts of the 417 area Missouri state university.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tranny problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tranny problems on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:10 am

SO, i was rippin around yesterday playin cat and mouse with my eclipse my friend was driving, and it hardly went into 2nd. Ground hard all the way in. Long story short, trans fluid is drippin out pretty quickly and i lifted up part of my console and fluid is sittin on top of my shifter.The fluid is light pink, which means it has water in it. I went through a heavy rainstorm the other day and the streets were flooded.I drove through anyways. Im thinking i blew a seal. I havent got a good look yet, im taking it out today. Any thoughts, opinions?
dj

View user profile

2 Re: Tranny problems on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:53 pm

Did you get a good look at it?
Sounds like a broken seal to me too.
You have an aftermarket shifter right?

View user profile

3 Tranny problems on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:59 pm

Ya pulled off the top boot and that is def. where it is coming from. The person who installed the shift kit didnt do a great job. They didnt use washers, nor did they even use the same kind of bolts. The boot its self is torn and wore out so it could be linkin through there or where the kit is sealed to the tranny on top. Either one, its not that big of a deal. Im actually thinking of going back to a stock shifter. I dont care for the one in it now anyways.

View user profile

4 Re: Tranny problems on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm

hows that shift handle workin out?

View user profile

5 Re: Tranny problems on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Best $5 i ever spent. Love it

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum